About one kilometer southeast of where the current village Luttenberg is, was in the Middle Ages De Hoff Luttenberg, consisting of some fifteen farms. Around the year 1300, the forerunner of this hamlet was no more than a storage for grain (spycker). Besides this moated grain storage farm and yard Spyckerhuys occur. In documents about the year 1380 the name was first mentioned. In earlier years it was owned by the diocese of Utrecht, later it moved to vassals and eventually it turned into private ownership.

This farm was one of the larger ones in Luttenberg. Because of fires, wars and other disasters sometimes farms got lost. The basement is the oldest part of the house, and probably re-used several times. That means, other farms had been on these premises the last centuries.  According to experts, based on the type of stone, erosion of the ladder, etc., it may already built around 1600.

The current farm is likely, according to the wall anchors, built in 1748, but in the centuries thereafter it has been ‘customized’. So there is a lot to come to around 1890, which turned from a hall house in a T-farm. At the time, two brothers lived here (see photo), with a sister suffering from TB. They have built therefore a large spacious room with lots of light and built a door, the current room 1. Through the door the brothers could put her bed in the daytime out easily.

The house is full of little nooks and ancient stories. One Heerd has traditionally been the best room, where only important visitor was received. Above the ancient vaulted cellar is the old upper room, where the servant used to sleep. During the restoration the “smokkelhok ‘came into view. Here people were hidden and there was dried sneak meat during WWII.